> Assistant Campaign Officer, Oxfam Hong Kong Economic Justice Policy & Campaigns Unit (Beijing)
Tue, 2011-05-24 11:41
Oxfam Hong Kong is an independent international development and humanitarian organization working against poverty and related injustice. We recognize that much poverty is caused by injustice and that poverty alleviation requires economic, social and structural change. We work with people facing poverty and with partner organizations on development, humanitarian, policy advocacy and public education programmes. Oxfam's headquarters is located in Hong Kong SAR of the People's Republic of China, and more than 10 cities around the world set up offices, and more than 70 countries implemented poverty alleviation and disaster relief work successively. "Working with people against poverty" is Oxfam's aims and objectives. Oxfam Hong Kong (OHK) is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
We are recruiting the following member to join us in our anti-poverty work:
Assistant Campaign Officer-Economic Justice
Policy & Campaigns Unit
(1-position, 1- year contract, based in Beijing Office)
Assistant Campaign Officer – Economic Justice reports to the Economic Justice Campaign Manager, working with members of the Economic Justice team, the rest of Policy, Campaign Unit, the relevant Oxfam Hong Kong and Oxfam International colleagues and project groups.
A．Responsibilities & duty statements:
1. Contribute to the planning and delivery of OHK’s economic justice campaign in China(incl. Hong Kong) in which OHK with partners is to conduct advocacy, research, popular mobilization and communications on issues of rural poverty (e.g. small farmers, gender, climate adaptation water access).
2.Help OHK stay abreast of and adjust to changing circumstances and understanding regarding campaign issues in China (incl. Hong Kong); and anticipate, analyse and manage strategy, ensuring that OHK's ideas and approaches include the latest thinking.
3.Help to develop and maintain key relationships with allies, partners, influencers and decision-makers who are involved in the debates and work on economic justice issues.
4.Make public presentations on campaign issues, and represent OHK in various campaign-related gatherings, as appropriate.
5.Manage grants for partner initiatives.
6.Undertake any other tasks as indentified by the Economic Justice Campaign Manager.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of and identification with the values of OHK, and Strong understanding of non-government organizations (NGOs) preferred.
2. Proven research experience, and work experience in Chinese /international civil society organisations is an asset.
3. Deep understanding economic justice and poverty issues and familiarity with specific industries or fields of interest of Oxfam, including agribusiness, farmer's support, water, etc.
4. Strong analytical and writing skills, including communication skills for lobbying and media work, a and an ability to communicate complex issues in a clear manner
5. Ability to think strategically and creatively; prioritise, plan and organise work in a complex institutional setting
6. Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese.
7. Ability to work individually as well as in a team
8. Ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines
9. Proficient skills in Microsoft office applications
10. Identification with and knowledge of Oxfam’s mission and work
Closing date for application: 7 June 2011
Please send your application with CV indicating expected salary and available date to the Human Resource division of China Unit, OHK, email@example.com or Oxfamchinahr@163.com. Please indicate the post you are applying for clearly in the email subject. Let us know how do you know our recruitment information.
(Applicants who are not invited for interview within one month after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.)
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.
More information about our organization is available on our websites: