> English Writer/Editor/Web Editor, Greenpeace
Mon, 2011-05-23 13:22
More job ads can be found in http://www.greenpeace.org/china/ .
Please do submit your application letter and resume written in both Chinese and English.
POSITION TITLE (ENGLISH): English Writer/Editor/Web Editor
POSITION TITLE (CHINESE): 英文编辑
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of the English Writer position is to write and edit professional communications materials for campaigns and fundraising. A major part of the job is to build the web presence of Greenpeace East Asia among English-speaking internet users in order to help Greenpeace achieve its campaign and fundraising objectives, and to ensure our stories resonate outside of China. This position is also responsible for developing the English website, implementing media work and communication strategies, and for increasing public support for and understanding of Greenpeace’s campaigns.
1. Create professional, engaging and creative text and image content for Greenpeace East Asia’s English website to communicate our vision, vlaues and campaigns.
2. Develop and implement marketing plans to increase Greenpeace’s web presence among English-speaking internet users in order to increase recognition of Greenpeace’s work and increase public to support of our work.
3. Write, edit and proofread English campaign, communications and fundraising materials including but not limited to media releases, publications, donor appeals, e-newsletters and web features.
4. Ensure that Greenpeace’s English communications materials are accurate, professional, engaging and adhere to organizational image.
5. Promote Greenpeace web content to other sites.
6. Work with agencies, designers and IT experts to produce online content, creative tools and database for campaigning, fundraising and public engagement purposes.
7. Establish and maintain good working relationship with translators, freelance English writers and professional English editors.
8. Ensure communication strategies, tactics and messages are reflected in all communications materials released, working closely with the Communications and Deputy Communications Directors to ensure coherence of public messaging and strategy.
9. Monitor the trends in international media’s online coverage of China’s environmental, political, economic, and social issues to inform the development of our online work.
10. Be on call after hours and on weekends as requested.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager.
1. Excellent English writing skills with good command of grammar and language. Ability to read Chinese and speak Mandarin highly desirable.
2. Knowledge of internet culture and close familiarity with the tools and landscape of the digital world.
4. Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and to meet tight deadlines, including a flexible mindset regarding working hours.
5. Ability to work within teams, to gain new allies and to promote coalition work.
6. Ability to develop new, creative approaches and advance communication goals and objectives.
7. Ability to function effectively within a fast-paced atmosphere, under public scrutiny.
8. International mindset and/or exposure to international work environment desirable.
9. Writing skills:
1. Build and maintain a sound general knowledge of all Greenpeace campaigns and issues in order to be to reflect the issues online.
2. Knowledge of the overall goals and intent of Greenpeace including programs, campaigns and project activities.
3. Knowledge of environmental issues in general.
4. Knowledge of international and East Asia based internet communications, avenues, techniques, practices, scope, audiences and impact.
5. Knowledge of campaign techniques, strategies and practices.
As we receive a large number of applications for our advertised positions, we are unable to respond to applicants who are not invited for interview. We apologize for this in advance.
Please send your application letter and full English and Chinese resume with current and expected salary to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (for positions based in mainland China)
All information collected for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and we do not accept any calls or visits in the first instance.